October 10, 2005

Thanksgiving weekend

Wow this has been a busy weekend.Saturday afternoon we headed to my parents for Thanksgiving dinner with a total of 16 people.It was a really nice day so we all enjoyed the outdoors and the time together.Afterward we went and froze while watching our church hockey team practice for the tournament in the spring. :p
Sunday afternoon it was another lovely day so my friend,her little brother, my brother and I went canoeing.My dad was also out boating with my little sister so the guys decided to try towing the canoe with the boat.The short story is that the canoe ended up capsizing and throwing my friend and brother into the water. The water was very cold but they were able to get in the boat.So it made for an interesting turn of events!Thankfully they were fine except for being chilled to the bone.
Today was yet another nice day so my family came over and we went for a bike ride around the neighborhood.After a barbeque lunch my brother and I went for a leisurely walk in the woods before he headed back to college.
You know the more time I take to think about it the more I realize just how blessed I am.I live in a beautiful country, I am free to worship God, I have an awesome family,I have my health and so much more....
So next time all the problems in your life seem to come crashing down, try to stop a moment and thank God for all the blessings He has given you.You know that old song ' count your many blessings and it will surprise you what the Lord hath done' really is true. :)

2 comments:

Ronald said...

That's right-y'all are earlier than us on Thanksgiving!

Hannah said...

That we are - we choose the best time of year to have it too. :P