September 29, 2005

Learning Turkish

Well on Monday I set out to learn some Turkish. I found a great little site that has lessons, tests, forums, and chat.The people there are so friendly, and willing to help you learn their language.So far I've learned that being from a different language family, the words and sentence structure are totally opposite. This makes it rather fun to learn as you have to approach it from a way different angle.One thing I find neat is that each letter only has one sound, compared to English that has many sounds for each letter.So if I once learn how to pronouce them, it will be fairly easy to sound out words.Now putting them in a sentence is another story altogether..

3 comments:

Ronald said...

Howdy, Hannah Doodle!

Hannah said...

Selam Ronaldo

Ronald said...

Owdyhay!