September 26, 2005

Its all for a reason

I want to tell you all something.You may be going through a really hard time right now. Maybe you feel that you can't do it anymore, or wonder 'why me'.Perhaps you wonder why God is allowing you to go through a trial or heartache.I've come up with two answers from what I've seen in my own short and relatively carefree life.
First, trials help us to grow as Christians.The more problems we encounter, the more we realize how inadequate we are to handle them ourselves.We need divine help, we need to learn to depend on and ask God for His work in our lives. A trial can be God's way of getting our attention back on Him instead of our own plans.
Second, God allows trials because through them we learn things to help others later on.I saw this again yesterday.The problems and stresses and heartaches I experienced as a teen my friend is now going through.I can totally relate, sympathize, and advise her since I have firsthand knowledge.
So remember that while you are questioning and complaining, God has a reason for letting this happen to you.That through this process you may become more and more like Christ, ultimately to God's glory.

1 comment:

Ronald said...

Right on the money, little sis!