June 18, 2007

Praise You in this storm

I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day. But once again, I say amen and it's still raining. As the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain, "I'm with you" ; and as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away.
And I'll praise you in this storm, and I will lift my hands, for You are who You are no matter where I am; and every tear I've cried You hold in your hand. You never left my side and though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm.
I remember when I stumbled in the wind, You heard my cry to You and raised me up again.My strength is almost gone - how can I carry on if I can't find You? And as the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain "I'm with you" ; and as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away.
I lift my eyes unto the hills where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. I lift my eyes unto the hills where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.

~ Casting Crowns ~

No comments: