March 10, 2007

Quotes to Ponder

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficent for that day." - Abraham Lincoln

"Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today." - Abraham Lincoln

"Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. To know is not to be wise. Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom." - Charles Spurgeon

"Fiery trials make golden Christians." - Charles Spurgeon

"One of the most important discoveries I have ever made is this truth: God is most glorified in me when I am most satisfied in Him. This is the motor that drives my ministry as a pastor. It affects everything I do." - John Piper

" The Spirit of Christ is the spirit of missions. The nearer we get to Him, the more intensely missionary we become." - Henry Martyn

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Any chuch that is not seriously involved in helping fulfill the Great Commission has forfeited its biblical right to exist." - Oswald Smith

No comments: